ARX brings together the people working in the field of children’s culture in Hämeenlinna. We serve high quality art and culture services for children, young people and families.
ARX – Open Cultural Centre
Open Cultural Centre provides many activities for children and families. All our activities are free of charge. Please contact our staff for further information (Auni Tuovinen, email@example.com / 040 530 3110.) We welcome you to join our activities and events.
- Gallery ARX is a gallery at ARX-house. All our exhibitions are aimed at young audiences. The exhibitions are functional and they invite the children to participate. We also provide workshops and guided tours to our exhibitions. Opening hours: tue-thu 15-18, sat 10-12. Visiting is free.
- Open family café twice a week
- Family events with changing themes
The Culture Path – Cultural Education Plan
- Works through day care and schools (age between 0-16)
- Music, culture heritage, media education, history, theater and drama, visual arts, environment and nature
- In cooperation with local art and culture professionals and institutions such as artists, museums, libraries and art educators
Hippalot – Arts Festival for Children
- The oldest arts festival for children in Finland (established in 1978)
- Combination of drama, workshops, exhibitions, dance, music, films and circus
- Yearly changing theme which is noticeable in the whole program
- Light festival for the whole community.
- Light art is made in collaboration with children and youth or the pieces hav participatory element during the festival.
- Street Arts festival with local and national graffiti artists.
- Workshops for children and youth.
- Graffiti workshops, street dance and art, rap sessions in an open studio.
Collaboration through networks